View Single Post
Old 01.26.2011, 10:48 AM   #13888
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses

Body Double (8/10)

Atsonicpark has given me the De Palma bug so I gave this another watch. Loved it. Craig Wasson and Mellanie Griffith are both fantastic. I loved the whole day-to-day life of the actor thing, at the beginning (I love movies about movies) and Dennis Franz was great as the exploitation director. And what a brilliant soundtrack! Something I'd like to get if it was ever released. I could've probably done without the Frankie Goes to Hollywood interlude but it wasn't that big a deal.

I suppose the real problem with a film like this is gauging how enjoyable it would be for anyone who couldn't identify the various Hitchcock references. The same as trying to gauge how enjoyable Scream would be for anyone who'd never seen a slasher movie before. Personally I think both films do stand up in their own right but it's undeniable in the case of Body Double that knowing my Vertigo from my Rear Window did sort of help.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|