View Single Post
Old 07.24.2010, 01:37 AM   #12
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
I'd argue that they're all worth reading -- Confusion is Next is interesting for the precedent it sets, though I don't like how it rushes to the finish line from Dirty and beyond. Psychic Confusion, despite the incredibly lame title (for a while I joked with myself about writing an SY book called 'Eternal Confusion' which is still a better title...), is certainly worth reading, but if you had to choose between it and Goodbye 20th Century, the latter is definitely the winner. G20C is a much deeper, personal look into the band's relationship, due to the author actually doing extensive interviews with all of the band members - Psychic Confusion probably would have been better received had it not more or less been published simultaneously with the (in my opinion) superior Goodbye 20th Century. I see multiple copies of PC around town marked down to $8 or so. I read PC in about half a day, and G20C took about half a week to consume. I definitely feel like I learned much more from G20C, but read them all if you can!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|