View Single Post
Old 11.02.2010, 06:56 AM   #329
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I doubt it's true they were full time members, but there's almost no doubt in my mind they've collaborated with them before before (keep in mind all 3 girls joined Cerberus Shoal on CHIAMING THE KNOBBLESONE, Alan was a member of Master Musicians of Bukkake for an album, not to mention their involvement with Eddie Detroit and the Velet Underground drummer for Paris 1942, so it's not like it'd be a stretch to see them collaborating with likeminded musicians; SCG hardly ever toured but were constantly recording, and collaborating, and were definitely documented friends with Caroliner, so I can totally see them playing on some Caroliner stuff).

Caroliner supposedly had many different members collaborate with live and on record -- supposedly, different members of Thinking fellers Union Local # 282 were Caroliner members at various points, as well. The best -- and most widely-believed -- rumor is that Neil Hamburger (aka GRegg Turkington, of Zip Code Rapists and Faxed Head as well) played drums for Caroliner for years and years.

Again, who knows if it's true? It's certainly a cool rumor, though, and at least the SCG/TFUL # 282 connection seems pretty sound given the split vinyl they dd, where they both covered Caroliner songs.

Oh -- one of the weird SCG collaborations is SQUARE 9 (with the album TSUNAMI .9 UP). It's every member of the Residents and every member of SCG collaborating (weird since one of the last shows Snakefinger played was with SCG and he remarked that he thought they were horrible).

There has been a lot of mystery collaborations over the years with SCG, so them being a part of Caroliner at any point isn't much of a stretch, at all.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|