View Single Post
Old 06.08.2023, 09:23 AM   #3674
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
hahahha yes

so, season 2 episode 8 im officially dropping this show. happy to see any spoilers at this point.

i mean it's the same church churn churn of the same 5 or 6 insufferable white fucks going around in circles, nobody is likeable, i can't root for anyone, not even sympathize a bit. fuck them all, i can't stand any of them. burn them alive already.

the plot is the same, everyone trying to please and not piss off the dad or trying to take him out and failing, everyone a fucking incompetent who wouldn't be here if they weren't related, everyone the same overprivileged abused-abusive spineless fuck, always ready with the lies.

the dysfunctional family was a great premise, but it's too many hours of the same thing for me. sitting around in an office lying and insulting each other and dropping literary references. sitting around in a castle doing the same thing. sitting around in the hamptons doing the same thing. sitting around in england and scotland and in an airplaine and on a stage doing the same thing. and on and on and on.

the plot seems to me a bunch of ripped from the headlines stories about davos, murdoch buying the wsj and myspace, the fate of various tech blogs, etc etc.... which would be cool, but behind the changing façade of one-percenter trappings, i find it excessively repetitious overall. someone is up, someone is down, and nothing changes but the location. i mean, even game of thrones had more suspense. people fucking died. factions were eliminated, factions rose. things changed. this here is like sitting at the airport around obnoxious people waiting to catch a flight that never departs.

about the popularity of this series i feel the way rob felt about mad men i think.

but even if the show is thematically a j'accuse against inequality, i get the point and don't need all the fictional gory details, and don't need to spend any more time around these incompetent manipulative fucks. i'm sick of them, and have no further reason to watch them. whatever happens to them i give zero fucks.

-

anyway, so it's back to sopranos for me! rewatching last episode of season 1 this morning. sure they're a bunch of sociopaths too, but with some likeable aspects, better plots, funnier moments, livelier dialogues, a more entertaining soundtrack (very goodfellas), a greater scope and mix of characters and situations, the therapy angle, the cultural/anthropological angle, etc.

and nancy marchand as livia soprano is fucking great. artie bucco confronting tony in the parking lot hahhahahahahahahaaa.

i love the way they mix the horrible and the farcical, like paulie walnuts shooting mikey palmice while getting a poison ivy rash hahahahahaha.

-

on season 2 of sopranos now.

that sister! fuck!! the fucking gorgon hahahhahahahaaaa

I didn’t read all that but you should keep watching
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|