View Single Post
Old 01.22.2018, 11:28 AM   #4896
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I thought we all knew Lovecraft was a disturbingly racist fuck... right?

I mean, “negro” and similar language about skin tone comes up in even his most popular writing.

But, Jesus, it was the 1930s. I can say with confidence that the writing (ideas) are awesome while knowing the author was a bigoted fuck just like roughly 33 percent of Americans today, and not feel bad about deriving pleasure from his stories.

Is that shitty of me? I mean, John Lennon put the N-word in a song title. Granted, it was a political statement from a much more progressive and evolved human specimen (though still terribly flawed).

Shit, am I a racism-apologist?

nah man, you’re just a nazi-lover

but no, seriously, it’s somewhat separable. i don’t buy the puritan credo of moral absolutism that leads to witch burnings. i’m jesuitic in my moral reasoning i guess. i see a lot of grey areas in human life and accept many failings and contradictions and try to see the good in the shit.

but he still sucks ha ha ha ha ha. yeah.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|