View Single Post
Old 09.06.2007, 11:42 PM   #37
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dead-Air
Did I miss something? Were you in the audience at the show I was at fifteen years ago? I'll maintain that I'd expect if I saw him tomorrow, he'd still be quite passable, and every bit deserving of his legend, but I wouldn't delude myself that it's not likely decades past his most intense work.

you did. were you not at the show I just saw of Burning Spear two weeks ago, and let me tell you something, the Spear was running that crowd of 15000 at the hollywood bowl. Reggae is not like rock, it does not have to progress. The Abyssinians made ONE ALBUM IN 38 YEARS and it still one of the most popular, important and influential albums of ALL TIME, and when I saw the Abyssinians three weeks ago I dropped to my knees in tears it was so perfect, as much as it was any time ago. The same is with the Spear, the tunes he does are perfect, and he still does them with as much zeal and energy as ever, if not more I say...

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|