View Single Post
Old 06.19.2006, 03:25 PM   #29
screamingskull
invito al cielo

screamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's assesscreamingskull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by umjammer atomsk
I just bought a copy of it two weeks ago, yay Daniel Clowes! I'm trying to track down A Velvet Glove but I think I'll have to order it from amazon.

'like a velvet glove cast in iron' is not the way to go if you have only ever read Ghost World by Daniel Clowes, trust me, you are better off checking out 'David Boring', it is a better one to get next, then 'ice haven'.

'Like a velvet glove cast in iron' is very very very odd, and not really anything like Ghost World, nothing Daniel Clowes ever wrote before or after Ghost world is anything like ghost world.

trust me get David Boring!

David Boring is kinda odd, quite confusing but still has that sad seculded feeling you get from Ghost World. after reading 'Like a velvet glove' all i could think was what the hell aws he on when he wrote this, its is completely screwed. 'ice haven' has that nice ghost world feel to it too, but nothing Clowes has done has topped Ghost World in my opinion.

It is also definately definately worth checking out Adrian Tomine's comics, he has a drwing style exactly the same as Clowes'es, i cant tell them apart, but Tomine's work is alot more truthfull and sad. It mainly focuses on teenagers and young adults from the same generation (generation X) as enid and rebecca's in ghost world. so if you are searching for something similar to Ghost World then i suggest not something by Clowes but by Tomine.

good comics by Adrian Tomine are-
Summerblonde
The Optic Nerve series - there are 10, you cant find them on amazon, but you will be able to get them individually on ebay. And "32 storys:the complete Optic Nerve series" is not in fact the optic nerve series but rough drawings and serieses that did not make it into the actual proper series.
screamingskull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|