View Single Post
Old 06.28.2010, 05:57 PM   #11077
TheFoxBen
expwy. to yr skull

TheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's assesTheFoxBen kicks all y'all's asses
I thought Kids was amazing... Honestly, I've enjoyed every Larry Clark movie that I've seen. They sure seem to have no plot and are basically a sexfest but there's really something going on in his movies, I love the whole atmoshpere of his movies and Kids seemed to be a very realistic movie and I've always thought that it should be shown in schools, to prevent from AIDS, drugs, that kind of stuff. So yeah, that movie really struck me, in the same way Ken Park and Bully did (even though that one has some of the worst dialogues EVER). Also, I've discovered Larry Clark quite a long time ago (I must have been 14 or something when I saw Ken Park for the first time !) so maybe that's why I really enjoy his movies, they've always been indie classics to me.

Anyway, I've recently watched:

8/10. It is popular for being the French short movie that influenced Terry Gilliam's 12 Monkeys (which is probably my favorite Gilliam movie) and I thought that it was really good. It only comprises still photographs (except for one magnificent shot of a woman blinking her eyes) and it certainly looks way more apocalyptic and hopeless than 12 Monkeys. So yeah, any fan of the movie should watch this short, it's only 26 minutes long.

5/10. What an overrated movie ! I know it's supposed to be a parody of war movies and all but it's just so over the top and unfunny... Some lines are just ridiculous ! The only good things I can think of are the performance of Robert Downey Jr. (amazing and probably one of the few funny things of the whole movie) and Steve Coogan's character (too bad he's killed at the beginning of the movie, sorry for the spoiler but who cares anyway, this movie kinda blows). Also, Jack Black's character was awful and completely useless (and it comes from someone who usually loves Jack Black). So yeah, very disappointing, but I didn't enjoy Zoolander and Dodgeball that much either so I guess I probably don't like Ben Stiller... His best movie will always be The Cable Guy, which is great and underrated as hell.

TheFoxBen is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|