View Single Post
Old 02.15.2021, 07:13 PM   #8
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
The easiest metric I can think of for the scale how easy a band or artist's music is to listen to for the average person, or a scale of melodic vs. atonal. Not all artists at Levels 10 and 11 are metal; there are some electronic and avant garde groups/artists like Autechre and Diamanda Galas up there as well.

But, like all things we're talking about something relative (or as TV Tropes would put it, Your Mileage May Vary) here. To someone into say, blackened death metal, none of SY's songs are hard/heavy at all. I'm talking more in terms of compared with all of their other songs more than on the scale.

Yikes, so many variables. And I don't think I'd ever seen a piece of text containing the word "metal" 156 times (real number according to Firefox ). On the issue of what rattles the listener: I had a collegemate (who happened to be a metal fan) who was fundamentally incapable of tolerating any female vocals. Seriously, the guy would react viscerally and turn the stereo off. I don't know what the fuck his problem was.

Anyway, the most brutal song EVER that I can think of is Richard & Linda Thompson's "The End Of The Rainbow", which probably sounds like just another sad acoustic tune to most people and wouldn't make that list even if I hacked the site.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|