View Single Post
Old 07.28.2008, 06:15 PM   #16
ZEROpumpkins
invito al cielo

ZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard suckaZEROpumpkins cold hard sucka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
i was reading this Big Black article on a website and Steve Albini says this of Atomizer:

"'ATOMIZER' WAS an OK record. Having listened to most of that stuff for the first time in seven years yesterday, most of it is pretty embarrassing. I was sort of trying to figure out a way to weasel out of re-releasing it."

now, i suppose Steve Albini is a bit of a perfectionist, but that record is great and i'd definitely be proud if i made something like that.

okay, so my question is, when you guys make music, are you a complete perfectionist? do you keep coming back, changing this verse and that, making sure the production of the product is spot on or do you just let it all flow, not really giving a shit if the production is muddy or tame etc.?

this probably isn't thread-worthy but i am sort of interested in what you guys think.
Albini is a bit of a prick, I reckon. He makes good muic though and I like 99% of the albums he's produced. Atomizer is amazing. Passing Complexion alone is something to be extremely proud of.