Thread: Phish
View Single Post
Old 08.25.2010, 12:00 AM   #6
FreshChops
100%

FreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's assesFreshChops kicks all y'all's asses
I don't think you'll find much love for Phish here. I think they're alright. I can't say this about many bands and don't think it's a compliment at all... but they are really a performance you have to be fucked up to enjoy.

that said, I really like Billy Breaths.... their best and complete album.... a classic actually. Hoist, Junta, both have some gems, but that's about it in my realm.

I think Trey Anastasio is pretty unlikeable and kinda ruins the vibe of the band in general. A lot of people critic music or a band by how appealing the musicians themselves are to them..... so in that case, that's where the falling off happens for Phish. Also, they're general vibe is upbeat, happy and festive .... this doesn't bode well with the majority of folks who are appealed to the angst and attitude of more moody and aggressive music.... to reflect on their shitty attitudes.

FreshChops is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|