View Single Post
Old 09.20.2013, 04:00 PM   #168
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
You keep posting their season records, but like the 16-0 Patriots what is it worth? You noticeably neglected to emphasize that there is only ONE big win in that list, and a staggering 12 big losses. Call me old fashioned, but if an over-hyped QB NOT named Peyton Manning had lost so many huge play-off games, wouldn't everybody be quick to shit on the guy? Even Mark Sanchez has a better play-off career record (4-2) than Peyton!! If anything, I think between Brady and Peyton Manning that the NFL has been trying desperately to recreate the IMAGE of the kind of singular dominance that was the 1980s 49ers or the 1990s Cowboys, and simply put, Peyton doesn't come CLOSE to those teams. He may be more like the Elway Broncos, and indeed, if Peyton pulls it off this year and wins the Superbowl, I will humbly reassess my criticisms, but it still won't negate his 12 big losses in the play-offs, and if it becomes 10-13 or even worse, 9-13 in 2014 then what?

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|