Thread: PJ HARVEY
View Single Post
Old 09.08.2011, 02:41 AM   #157
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
I watched this on BBC News (TV, not Interwebs) a little over three hours ago. It was followed by a live Q&A with Dorian Lynskey, author of 33 Revolutions per Minute: A History of Protest Songs from Billie Holiday to Green Day, which lasted at least, I dunno, three minutes or so and it was pretty decent. I bring this up because U.S. channels NEVER do anything like that, at least not in the main newscast... nor any-fuckin'-where else, for the most part (where were they when Ornette Coleman won the Pulitzer, for example?). Fuckers.
They would only give wide coverage if a death occurs, preferably if it's shocking and linked to some weirdness. Remember Michael Jackson's, then compare with how poor attention Rashied Ali's death received. Just a general observation. I'm so glad Polly won, and hopefully someone captured the broadcast of the historic ceremony (i think it was broadcast by the BBC), I look forward to a torrent.
hipster_bebop_junkie is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|