View Single Post
Old 07.28.2011, 08:46 PM   #5
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by finding nobody
how much has came out sense Embryonic? I really loved that album. To be honest I had almost lost all hope that they would put out any more good, non-predictable records. But, i loved that album so much I wrote a review of it..

They've put out a couple of EP's worth of material since Embryonic. An EP w/ Neon Indian, the weirdass Songs From the Gummy Skulls/SFt Gummy Fetuses, an EP w/ Lightning Bolt...

I really love Embryonic too. It's definitely not the kind of record you'd expect from a bunch of 40-something dudes. It's actually challenging. I swear, it could pass for a debut or sophomore effort from an up-and-comer...

It was a bit cold, though- lacked the warmth of Soft Bulletin, Yoshimi, and the better moments from Mystics (which, I don't care what anyone says, contains some GREAT songs, even if it's not a great album). So I really don't spin Embryonic that much. I have to be in that exact mood and frame of mind... Most of their other albums I could listen to all day.

Newer shit is in the Embryonic vein. More angular and jilted, even the soft songs.

Whatever- they're one of my faves and they've released more good music (and with a higher ratio of good-to-bad) than just about anyone this side of SY. I just hope they don't lose their... um..... *heart* I guess.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|