View Single Post
Old 09.14.2013, 12:55 AM   #45749
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Gutter punks are pretty angry and violent. Though the angry ones tend to be the alcoholic ones, who are usually pretty good people. It's the smack and speed fiend gutter punks who will surprise you with how quickly they can get a sharp object into your leg and start throwing blows.

The 20-30 are probably absolute fucking bastards, and I hope I never encounter anyone under the age of 20 who I would call, or who calls himself (because really, what's worse than that, you know?) "gutter punk." I don't think I would be able to handle it.

You know, that is a true statement. In my teens and early 20s as a punk, we used to get into way too many brawls. That is in part, a significant reason why a joined up with a bunch of Rastafari folks, after spending several years getting into street fights hanging out with punks and getting fucking shot at hanging out with gangsters (yeah, I made a lot of poor decisions in my younger days), a lifestyle around peace, harmony, and brotherly love with your neighbors was very centering. Its made me an entirely different person, and I haven't had to get in a fight or almost stab somebody in at least seven years!

Quote:
ones tend to be the alcoholic ones, who are usually pretty good people

That summarizes my best friend Mikey D and like 10 other people I used to hang out with. Me and Mike were in a crust band together. Mike was a fucking brawler, and a miserable drunk. but he remains one of the best people I've ever known, guy has serious heart. He settled down, sort of, just last year after having his first son. We were thinking, finally! Yeah, gutter punks will get you into some shit, but it is what it is, great music and as you said, drunk aside generally good people.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|