View Single Post
Old 09.23.2012, 04:42 AM   #16189
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
Maybe it wasn't finished? Apparently Anderson had been working on it for about 12 years, sporadically..

Either way, after seeing the film earlier today, there is merit to that statement regarding the film itself. A problem I've had with Anderson is his films going on way too long. I think The Master could've been a little better if he chopped some footage out. And just to make sure, it's not that I can't sit through a movie that's 2 hours and 30 minutes long, it's just that much of the scenes in this film sort of dragged on for me.

Also, it was weird seeing Joaquin Phoenix acting like such a child here. Despite that, he was actually great in it... but perhaps it would've been better for a younger actor to play this role. Hoffman is impressive too, as usual. It's certainly better than majority of what plays in theaters nowadays.. and this one (of course) was limited. I think I'd probably enjoy it more if I were to watch it a few more times.

I felt that way with TWBB but after watching it a couple of times it grew to be my fav. film. The wait goes on for it to be released over here.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|