Thread: Lou Reed RIP
View Single Post
Old 01.01.2014, 04:12 AM   #86
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soup Nazi
MJ, you are now ready to dig the, um, "organic" version of Metal Machine Music, if you haven't already:

Lou Reed & Zeitkratzer - Metal Machine Music - 2002-03-20 Venice - reseed

There's also an official CD+DVD set (not of this exact performance, of course), but a minty copy commands big bucks on the Interhole (God-DAMMIT am I sick of out-of-print releases...). Watch out for a solo for the ages by Lou on the third movement! If you can't download stuff via Dime, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Now, a couple of related questions for the board: 1.- A few years ago, Lee mentioned he'd written a piece for Zeitkratzer - does anybody know if this baby can be heard somewhere? 2.- Back to MMM, "on December 01 Zeitkratzer performed the final, so far unreleased part of Metal Machine Music in their Berlin concert as a tribute to Lou" - no recording has surfaced yet? Really? Crap!
Thanx again!!!Yes, I will sure try to find & listen that zeitkratzer-version, after I have listened all heīs made before it (I really have lou-fever going & I really like to listen his works chronologig ). Maybe that other version is even greater, but I am going to buy original vinyl if I just find it in the future (maybe next vinyl happening).

Also just remembered his Metal Machine trio from 2011, but I think they didnīt make any releases, there are just some pieces for example in YouTube?
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|