Thread: bjork...
View Single Post
Old 09.08.2010, 05:41 AM   #35
The Earl Of Slander
the end of the ugly

The Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's assesThe Earl Of Slander kicks all y'all's asses
It took me ages to actually enjoy her, having always fallen more on the 'just respect' side of things, but at some point earlier this year I was in a pretty introspective phase and something just totally clicked. She's fantastic. I value her music immensely because it has a special quality that only a few other things in my collection share, which is that thing of not necessarily feeling like listening to it all that often, but then just sometimes it'll be exactly the right time for you and then it's the only thing you can listen to for a few days. Say, Scott Walker or Keiji Haino have a similar thing. I have to be in the right headspace to listen to her, but when I am she's all I want to listen to.

Homogenic is the obvious choice for her best album, and I totally get why, but as much as Homogenic is probably the more 'definitive' release, the album I actually have the most affection for, and the one that got me into her, is Vespertine. It's less 'all out', more intimate. I love it. Cocoon is a great track.
The toothaches got worse, she dreamed of disembodied voices from whose malignance there was no appeal, the soft dusk of mirrors out of which something was about to walk, and empty rooms that waited for her. Your gynaecologist has no test for what she was pregnant with.
The Earl Of Slander is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|