View Single Post
Old 05.24.2016, 09:20 AM   #96
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
Empazema and cancers ain't no joke, but teeth/gum issues are very real consequences of smoking. Not fatal, but painful and very, very expensive to treat.

Very true. This is why I was so stoked that my 2/day habit was undetectable to the dentist.

Though, honestly, who am I kidding? Half measures are not going to work, and they barely constitute progress. After smoking a pack a day for nearly 15 years, bringing myself down to 2 cigs a day (PLUS the fucking 21mg patch) is not going to do jack shit for me in the long run.

I'm gonna have to give this some thought and do some soul searching. My birthday is coming up, which means — oddly enough — that even though I'm already old, apparently I'm still getting older (what's that about anyway? Talk about a raw fucking deal). I don't want to be a smoker forever.

2 cigs a day = still a smoker. Heroin addicts don't get credit for "only" shooting up twice a day, so why should I become complacent in this state of quantitative "improvement" that amounts to nothing?

Fuck me. I think you assholes have ruined my awesome "halfway there is good enough" stage of denial. Shit. I need to quit.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|