View Single Post
Old 09.13.2010, 08:26 PM   #37
Toilet & Bowels
invito al cielo

Toilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's assesToilet & Bowels kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
In terms of standard tuning, there's a trade off between tone and how bendable a string is. Thicker strings give a fuller tone but break easier and aren't so easy to bend. Thinner strings are easier to bend and a little bit better for playing quickly.

In terms of alt-tunings, you want a string that's not going to break - so if you're tuning above the high e, a thinner string will hold out longer than the standard ones. There's a graph of 'best gauge to string' somewhere, I might look for it tomorrow.

cheers, if i use alt tunings they're lower than standard. i usually tune to DADGBC
Toilet & Bowels is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|