View Single Post
Old 03.04.2014, 07:44 PM   #17983
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Schunk
No, no, no, no, NO!!!! Ice giants can hardly form near suns. Which is what you appear to suggest, and which your own cites clearly refute.

I didn't say near the sun. I said nearer to the sun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous

If Neptune migrated outward, it can flip the zones around a bit. I'm not saying these giants formed near the stars, but some evidence possibly suggests nearer than previously thought

Quote:
You're changing your premise in order to defend your stance. WAY not allowed in science, and WAY not the first time I've seen you do this.

Changed my premise? In which way. Want to read my original post? Here it is..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
New theories suggest that possibly the gas giants can form nearer to their stars and then move out. l

I can easily be wrong about the science, but I never changed any premise, you just haven't been reading. You said I said Kuiper Belt objects orbit Neptune, I never said that. Now you're saying I said ice giants form near stars, never said that either. What I said was that Kuiper Belt objects are influenced by Neptune's gravity, and there is in their orbits evidence to suggest that Neptune as moved outward, just like the "hot Jupiters" are evidence of those exo-planets moving inward. What we're talking about is the movement.. But I don't think we are talking about anything. I can be totally wrong about the science, BUT you are totally not right in what you have been accusing me of saying.

Quote:

If you want me to teach you, I'll BUST MY BUTT in order so to do. If not, kindly refrain from wasting my time.

Oh, you're ever so kind.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|