Thread: Is cussing bad?
View Single Post
Old 07.15.2010, 08:08 AM   #2
tesla69
Banned

tesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's assestesla69 kicks all y'all's asses
It is the sign of weak and lazy thinking. There is almost always a better way to say the same thing without profanity. It is language's gimmick to make something seem more intense and also acts as a 'code'. What is it we are really trying to convey when we swear? I'd offer its analogous to the current generations saying "like" before every other sentence. "like, I was on my ipod, like, and I got an email, like cuz I just like, checked my bank balance".

That said, I do swear constantly. There is a reason I don't swear when I talk to my grandmother, but can still have a conversation. I really don't need to. But it sure creates an artificial feeling of power. FUCK!

Language creates our world. Control your language and you control your world. As all good tyrants know, control others language and control their world.
tesla69 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|