View Single Post
Old 10.18.2013, 10:07 AM   #1059
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
I can field this, 4ak:

You see, most grown men and women are essentially just large, obese, alcoholic babies.

I can be quite the societal nihilist but seriously, a bit crass of an analysis there? I don't think people listen to non-substantive music because they are obese or substance abusers, rather, just because most people don't navigate the world with a sense of expansive depth. That is for artists. Many artists enjoy the art of other artists, but we artists shouldn't try and use our own insights to delve into the perspective of ordinary people. They operate on a different level. Besides, if anything, it allows us to not muddy up the pool, we can enjoy substantive art with relative freedom from the obstruction of people with duller tastes.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|