Thread: Why god why?
View Single Post
Old 04.19.2006, 02:22 PM   #9
SpectralJulianIsNotDead
invito al cielo

SpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's assesSpectralJulianIsNotDead kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmonkey
screw em all man, that song "gunslinger" is fuckin class...
love the singing. very refreshing yet scary music, i'm a little freaked out to go into the shower now...
your starting your own trend "shower murder music"
Keep it up, very very good.

=D

I wrote that song last summer for a band that did songs about B-movies. I wrote the progression before I joined the band after seeing The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly for the first time. After our first practice we crashed and watched the Beast of Yucca Flats and were stunned by the view of the nipple you get in the first murder scene. So that is what the first verse is about. The 2nd verse was originally about shooting someone with a sniper rifle from a plain (another Beast of Yucca Flats moment) I changed it to fit into a more western mythology and added the last verse. The version I did with the old band was OK, it had a chorus and was in a different key (as suggested by the drummer) and it had lead guitar, but I like my Spectral Presence version better- the dynamics are better and the lyrics lend more to the original intent of the song.
SpectralJulianIsNotDead is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|