Thread: Low-"C'mon"
View Single Post
Old 02.05.2011, 12:39 AM   #9
hipster_bebop_junkie
100%

hipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asseshipster_bebop_junkie kicks all y'all's asses
Considering "C'mon" was recorded for the most part at the same studio than "Trust", i think it would be understandable if there are some similar vibes, even if both records do not share the same producer. I think Tchad Blake was credited as producer on "Trust", but i'm not sure at the moment. Sacred Heart Studios is an old church, so i would suppose that, since Low were already familiar with the acoustics, it's possible that they went there to record the new album with some specific intentions regarding the sound they were looking for. "Trust" is an astounding album, and if "C'Mon" somehow ends up being similar in terms of sound and atmosphere, i think i would be very satisfied. I'd love it even more if there is some kind of progression, though. An of course, something new would be even nicer.

I don't really know what to make of that comparison with "The Great Destroyer" as the implication of a resemblance between the two albums offers many possibilities, but taken into consideration the bits and pieces of comments that i've read so far about the new album, i expect at least one song ("Majesty/Magic") to be in the same vein as "When I Go Deaf", for instance. Maybe it'd be wise to assume the Nels Cline track will be equally similar, too.

I fail to see "Try To Sleep" as an hybrid of elements of "Trust" and "The Great Destroyer", but maybe the other songs differ a lot from this one. I've heard live versions of some new songs already, but sometimes they end up sounding different on the final recorded product.

The Uncut review i posted a link to, has a mention of "C'Mon" being heavily influenced by Neil Young, and it's the first thing that also mentions "C'Mon" as being more similar to "Things We Lost In The Fire" rather than to any other Low records, contrary to the percepction of your acquaintance, dionysusundone.

All of this just makes me speculate. Maybe i should give up, and just listen to the streaming at Sub Pop's website. Damn it.