View Single Post
Old 11.21.2010, 09:30 AM   #30
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Wow, generic eh? Reccomend me some more "generic" progressive post-noise rock then, man. I'd like to hear some. Lemme guess, Black Flag, Drive Like Jehu, and Refused are generic too, right? Do you dislike HOT SNAKES, too (probably my favorite rock band of the past decade)? This stuff is brilliant, complex and badass. I hear some Yaphet Kotto in their sound too, now that I think about it.

Here's a better, more informed bio:
Beginning with a lineup of Jens Aker (guitar), Henke Anderson (vocals), Daniel Astgren (drums) and Daniel Fagerström (bass), the band quickly earned a reputation across Scandinavia and around the world, largely due to their unique sound which combined influences as diverse as The Stooges, Black Flag and Drive Like Jehu with occasional touches of psychedelia and neo-prog rock.

Their first, self-titled album was initially released on Swedish label Bridge Records in 2001, but was quickly picked up for a North American release by celebrated punk label No Idea. No Idea infamously promoted the band as featuring NO ex-members of fellow Swedish act Refused and continued to release Trapdoor Fucking Exit material until their final album - Crooked Life/Straight World - in 2005, by which time bass player Fagerström had been replaced by Thomas Hedblom.

Discography:
2005 - Crooked Life/Straight World (LP)
2002 - Be Not Content (LP)
2002 - Devil’s Egg (EP)
2001 - Trapdoor Fucking Exit (LP)

a quick review from INK:

Oh baby! These guys are so ridiculously good, it's almost unfair to all the other bands out there. Trapdoor Fucking Exit are from Sweden, and they rock out in an angular fashion, similar to Drive Like Jehu -- though, TFE are much faster and more aggressive than those guys.

Excellent band. I really reccomend BE NOT CONTENT, it's a cool album -- no idea whatsoever why they're name after a Dead C album, though. Is anyone into the band THE ULTRA DOLPHINS? They're also kinda Jehu-y, but about a thousand times more complex, and have an insane organ player (!). Anyway, if you're into any of those bands, Pitchfork, Hot Snakes, you'd like em definitely. OH, and Fatal Flying Guilloteens -- check that band out asap. Imagine the Jesus Lizard but more unhinged and more TEXAS. Features the most violent and insane guitarist ever, playing some of the weirdest riffs I've ever heard in my life (like, he'll hammer on on a high pitched string, make a harmonic, play 2 power chords real fast, make 3 more harmonic sounds, and then tremolo pick up and down the fretboard... and that's just one riff for one verse of a song. Really inventive and weird).

Anyway, back to Dead C.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|