View Single Post
Old 07.13.2015, 09:51 AM   #4032
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
That is an understatement! It's why we had to move. My wife and I are completely perplexed why any 17- or 18-year-old kid would even consider coming to Grinnell to spend the next 4 years of their life. Really!? Out here on the empty prairie? There is almost literally nothing going on, ever, except, for the students, a lot of classes. The students study hard, work hard, and never seem to leave the dorms or the major buildings to have fun.

& yes, about Iowa City. Has always been a majorly cool place. The university, of course, has a lot to do with it. There's a wonderful vibe here that I've tried to convey to people who don't know the place, and I cannot quite get it right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
I once visited a friend in Grinnell (most boring place ever?) and stopped by Iowa City for the afternoon. Seems like it would be hard to grow up there and not end up even a little cool.
---
I have some free time in August and I'm thinking about re-re-reading Anna Karenina. Why fuck around?