View Single Post
Old 08.07.2006, 06:16 AM   #117
Protectmeyou
bad moon rising

Protectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's assesProtectmeyou kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lipslikewindows
Okay, in response to the idea of it being a shitty show at CB's:

you're right. It was. I've never been so disappointed by a live show than when I saw the setlist. The fucking new album completely in order?! And then, as if to say, "sorry we just played our new album, let's try and make up for it..." they played two classics in one encore and then wouldn't come out again. Everyone at that show either paid a SHITLOAD of money for the tickets (they were going for hundreds online) or was really lucky, or really dilligent. It was a proper fuck you, whether they had to break the songs in or not.

In response to the idea that we should indulge our heroes no matter what they try to do:

They're my heroes because of what they do, not vice versa. If they started sounding like the Stone Temple Pilots, I wouldn't say, "whatever, man, you're my favorite band", just like I wouldn't fall on my face with praise to a girlfriend who never got out of bed or showered or talked to me, but who USED to be the most amazing person in the world.

In response to the fella who saw them in 98 playing exclusively Thousand Leaves stuff:

That would've been a treat, because 1000L is one of their best albums. I'd love to see even one song off that album live. Rather Ripped, on the other hand, is ridiculous. Go back in time and play it for Lee Renaldo, 1982 and the only thing that wouldn't disgust him would be the advanced effects. The main problem isn't that they're playing so much new stuff, it's that their new stuff is so fucking boring (though even if it were excellent, more old songs at the CB show would've been much appreciated).

stop your whinging, and take it from Steve Shelley:

"whenever we have a fresh album, we really enjoy playing the new songs, so that's kind of what going on right now. it's what we did when I first joined the group, we'd just go out and play Evol or Sister or Daydream Nation depending on what year it was. it's only in the last 10 years or so that we started throwing oder songs in there, and I know it's difficult for some fans, but this is what we fee like doing right now"

so buddy, if you don't like it, donty go and see them.

and remember: THEY OWE YOU NOTHING
Protectmeyou is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|