Thread: Girls Vs. Satan
View Single Post
Old 05.23.2006, 12:15 PM   #87
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
so "good christianity" is some sort of unavailable utopia, huh?

you seem to be deliberately twisting my words. What I wrote specifies that the New Covenant makes Christianity more available than ever...True Christianity is a ideological choice, not an institution, just like Daycare Nation (& Soren Kierkegaard) wrote.
this is what I wrote (it shows that I'm right there with you when it comes to criticisms of the church their typical christian congregation):
Exactly...that's the whole point of the New Covenant & the New Testament. The body is a temple. There is no need for animal sacrifices & no need for the church building except for edification if one chooses to attend services & finds a church they like.
These days, you either get fire & brimstone trying to scare you into giving money, or at the other end of the spectrum, some hippy-dippy cultish new age bullshit.
There seems to be no happy medium among any churches I've ever attended. The people in churches seem to me to be scary, insincere automatons that creep me out severely. You just know that they use the church to cover their multitide of sins & that they are mostly fucking freaks. It upsets me to see little kids being forced to go to these churches as some kind of "good thing" & rather involuntarily being brainwashed & having their minds warped.

maybe I should try some "black" churches...

let's compare it to a Kierkegaard quote:
For believe me that there is nothing, no heresy, no sin, nothing whatsoever so abhorrent to God as the official. And that thou canst well understand; for since God is a personal being, thou canst well conceive how abhorrent it is to Him that people want to wipe His mouth with formulas, to wait upon Him with official solemnity, official phrases, etc. Yeah, precisely because God is personality in the most eminent sense, sheer personality, precisely for this cause is the official infinitely more loathsome to Him than it is to a woman when she discovers that a man is making love to her---out of a book of etiquette.
- Attack Upon Christendom

What makes the world "bad & ugly" is that we are born with an instinctual character defense mechanism to block out conscious contemplation of our eventual personal death. We have been hard wired this way for evolutionary survival. It is up to a person's choices to discover self-knowledge & move beyond their denial of death (their life "in error"). the Bible & Christianity deals with this subject through poetic metaphorical symbols. To dismiss it all as a complete crock is very reactive. For instance, C.G. Jung was a sun-worshipper & he didn't dismiss it completely. Instead, he found the relative value of Christianity's message. Read his essays, "Christ as a Symbol of the Self" & "Transformation Symbolism in the Mass".

Whoever consciously denies the existence of the unconscious (i.e. Eternity, God) is in fact assuming that our present knowledge of the psyche is total. & that's precisely what everyone who is wrapped-up in their own ego-consciousness does every waking hour; thankfully, we all have to go to sleep sometime & to dream or else all would be lost.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|