View Single Post
Old 04.24.2010, 03:51 PM   #54
Adolfo
children of satan

Adolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's assesAdolfo kicks all y'all's asses
Manuel Mota enters the stage, doesn't even look at the audience, just turns on the amplifier and sits on a chair playing his guitar. faces going WTF?, after a while collective clapping starts, but just so he would go away. he doesn't really give a shit and continues... the clapping thing happens 5 times i think. eventually he stands up and leave saying "obrigado". a stupid chick at my right says aleluia while taking photos. fucking annoying.

eventually, after a good bit of time, checking microphones and tuning guitars etc... lee ranaldo enters the stage, then kim, etc...
"psee" says Lee, "psee" say Thurston and in 2 seconds "No Way" starts. no time for fooling around. Sacred Trickster and Calming The Snake follows. Thuston is always moving and jumping like a mad fool, doing his thing. Lee looks like his having fun. Steve his playing hard.
Thurston introduces "Anti-Orgasm" with a "this is for all of you sex maniacs ou there" and a smile in his face. A lot of young people in there, some "goo" shirts, alot of clapping before the song ends. Strangly, everybody seemed to know the lyrics for the eternal songs, au contraire of " (I Got A) Catholic Blocks", and "Stereo Sanctity". Thuston in a song break, thanks Manuel Mota for opening the concert referring to him as a "one of the mini-treasures of portugal", all the people who hated Manuel are now clapping.
The first encore comes. this two "daydream nation" tracks seem to be a little bit more recognizable for the audience, but not that much. I moved during the break from the right to the left, seeing that the left wing people were more excited. there was crowd surfing, football chantings (oléee oléee oléeeee) that kind of chanting, and moshing. i was right there too. sorry if i hurt any of you. i touched lee's guitar.

Overall it was a great show. now i understand "The Eternal", it's really a great live album, with loads of energy to offer, and Sonic Youth have created a album that can stand on his own.

thanks to the taper of http://ashtapes.blogspot.com/2010/04...orto-live.html
Adolfo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|