View Single Post
Old 05.01.2009, 04:13 PM   #98
DJ Rick
100%

Location: Sacto (CA) Institute for Record Collection Scrutiny
DJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's assesDJ Rick kicks all y'all's asses
I agree about Fake Surfers being possibly the best yet. In fact, I'm pretty sure it is. It's kinda like if The Intelligence made five more albums and then collected a greatest hits collection, then Fake Surfers would be that greatest hits collection. Every song has a different guitar sound, different vocal sound, drum sound, mood....yet it's plenty cohesive, and the songs hang together well in sequence. Crepuscule With Pacman is worth tracking down if you are a fan of the more home-recorded 4-tracky style of Boredom & Terror. It's very consistent in that style. The songs are all clever as you have come to expect from The Intelligence. AllHands, I featured this album on my blog last week, and Fake Surfers two weeks before...(in case you need a taste)
DJ Rick is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|