View Single Post
Old 12.31.2010, 09:18 AM   #92
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Just got back from Manchester... it was a great show, if a little rusty in places as has already been mentioned. Both Anti Orgasm and Antenna blew my mind and balls... definitely the best live versions that I've heard of those tunes... especially Antenna where Thurston and Lee exchanged some great moves that far surpasses the recorded version. Other highlights for me were Cross The Breeze and DV69 which are quite simply monumental live and never disappoint... I loved the outro w/Thurston swinging his lead to stunning aural effect.
Thurston dedicated a song to Ari Up but I can't remember which one. He also called The Pop Group "one of THE great British groups" and I must admit it was a little surreal for me to see them again after being lucky enough to catch them in the 70's supporting (and blowing offstage) Patti Smith.

Here is the full setlist:

No Way
Sacred Trickster
Calming The Snake
Tom Violence
Walkin' Blue
Leaky Lifeboat
Poison Arrow
Anti-Orgasm
Antenna
Catholic Block
Stereo Sanctity