Thread: SYR 7
View Single Post
Old 05.31.2008, 12:11 AM   #24
RanaldoNecro
expwy. to yr skull

RanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's assesRanaldoNecro kicks all y'all's asses
Well, sadly SYR 7 isn't a record to rekindle your faith in the band's current direction. Both recordings are from several years ago. J' Accuse Ted Hughes was recorded some 7 or 8 years ago. If anything, SYR 7 pissed me off one hell of alot. It's a great sounding record for sure, but it proves the band's sechedule is so packed they can only find time to record tracks for Starbuck and maybe rush a new album in a few weeks. The dedicated fans (lets face it, those that buy the SYR series are dedicated) get fobbed off with a near decade old recording. They seem to be no longer making music for the love of it, but rather because they have to. Sorry to be negative, but this is sadly what I've come to think.

I don't really see it this way. When so many acts scramble to make tracks for a greatest hits compliation SY have the enevitable luxury of draw upon years of rare and unearthed gems. The output is tremendous. I would also believe it is meticusly thought out as well.....