View Single Post
Old 11.14.2010, 05:03 PM   #54
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Man... throbbing gristle are definitely one of those bands I've always really went back and forth on, when I first heard them.. oh.. 12 years ago, when I was first getting into experimental music of any type, I hated them. Then, over the past decade-plus, I've went back to them constantly; it actually took me listening to TG24 back when it came out for me to really appreciate them. Also, reading some of P-Orridge's writings helped... for the longest time, I just dismissed them as "cool farty noises swirling around" .. One of the things me and one of my good friends have went back and forth on (since TG is his favorite band) is my use of electronics and stuff in scissorshock (which I've been doing nearly 9 years now) and some of the darker filthier robe. stuff, he said he doesn't believe I dislike throbbing gristle since he said my music is so similiar to tg (I've never made anything that sounds similiar to throbbing gristle). He's argued with me for years, saying I HAVE TO like TG... anyway, eventually, lo and behold, I did end up liking them a lot, but not until about two years ago, when I finally got into them (funnily enough, I used the GRISTLEIZER on psychic... and hole in the head of god! haha. No kidding!). Anyway, D.O.A. is such a masterpiece, really.. sick ass grimey nasty ass sounds.. just amazing atmospheres... I think they're one of the best bands ever but it took me a long long long time to get into them (Einsturzende Neubuten and Nurse With Wound also took me a long long time to really get into in any way -- besides A SUCKED ORANGE by NWW which is one of my favorite albums ever -- though somewhat similiar groups like Current 93 and Coil I loved immediately). I consider them mood music now, and I mean that in the nicest way possible... I like to put them on at parties. Actually y'now what, I actually love Throbbing Gristle, they're one of my favorite bands, but I really have to be in the proper mood for em.

Does anyone have TGV, the 7 dvd set? Would love to see that.

*EDIT: OH GOOD!
http://www.demonoid.com/files/?uid=0&category=13&subcategory=0&language=0&seeded =0&quality=0&query=throbbing+gristle&sort=

(hopefully that shows up for y'all. It's got all of TGV in avi format. I'm going to download all 11 files, slowly, each one is 700mb or more! Can't wait to see these!!!)

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|