View Single Post
Old 03.20.2009, 09:29 AM   #21
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norma J
How is an image 'fabricated'? are you referring to digital art?

I think different mediums inspire and provoke different things within different people. No particular style or way of making art is more important or of greater worth than any other. Photography can inspire and obtain ones attention just as well as a painting can.

first of al, I don't think art in general is meant to inspire anything. it is meant for contemplation. sometimes specific works of art are intended to inspire something specific.
for example, picasso's guernica, a massive mural, all grey and black and white, which was intended as a description of the horrors of war upon innocent people, specifically franco's bombing on guernica.
that painting is more important than any photograph. (in my eyes of course), so is any other iconic painting, because there is only ONE of them.

photographs are endelssly reproducible, without loss of quality. a reproduced painting however is never ever the same a a reproduced photograph.

I love photography but I feel it's main value to us (besides advertising imagery) is in it's journalistic/moment-captured quality.