View Single Post
Old 01.18.2007, 09:14 PM   #96
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
It's fun to talk about the Big Brother racism scandal, right, Max?

Yeah, it sure is, Conan, it sure is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicl
I would say that the higher the intelligence of a person the wider the range of humour he or she will be able to recognise, but quite possibly the lower the range of humour that he or she will actually be amused by. For instance, I consider myself intelligent and able to recognise fairly subtle humour that a less intelligent person may miss and take literally, but there is alot of humour that I can recognise as being supposed to be funny, but I do not find it funny myself (e.g. many sitcoms).

There are also cultural differences involved too, not only in terms of cultural references but also in the way that a remark might be understood. Something that a European might say might be taken as humourous by another European but totally missed by an American, and again vice-versa. That is something that I see happening quite a lot on this board.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|