View Single Post
Old 01.03.2008, 05:36 PM   #81
Kina
children of satan

Kina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's assesKina kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
So do you think our first five albums were formative somehow, shaping what we'd like to listen to, collect the rest of our lives? Any theories? Environment? Genetics? A combination of both?

Those first albums were very formative to me, I didn't really like music before this much, but when I first heard those albums it made me actually love music.

As to how this came about I think it's a combination of things. My biggest influence would surely be people, like my older sister had a HUGE influence on my taste, it was really through her that I heard the music that I ended up getting in to, then later friends played a big part too.

Then there's the environment around you, like when I first started getting into music the surf scene and local alternative Aussie music scene was very influential to me through my sister and then later when we moved to Croatia the small grunge and punk scene was more influential, and I started listening to more American and also some local Croatian bands. This was very important at a young age, later on environment became less important.

I think genetics plays a part too, like perhaps intelligence which potentially may give a person the analytical ability to be more introspective and think outside the square. My parents had very little influence apart from genetics though, my dad hates music full stop and my mum used to listen to the Beatles which I never got into.
Kina is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|