View Single Post
Old 06.22.2010, 05:09 PM   #102
knox
invito al cielo

knox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's assesknox kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atsonicpark
I am empathetic, open minded, and generally peaceful. But most people are not. I agree that a single traumatic event shouldn't shape a person's outlook on life -- but there are so many factors that go beyond a single event. I live in a small town, I can't go down the street with multi colored hair without getting death stares. It's still a fairly close minded town, and still one where people know everything about everyone...

Having said that, there aren't too many people of different races here, all in all. So, some of the only interaction that girl has had with anyone of a different race was this incident. Maybe that has something to do with it.

I'm just saying -- it may be "wrong" for me to, um, I guess, not try to change her mind regarding her attitude -- I'll accept that. But wouldn't it be, more wrong for me to tell her how she should react in the face of such an event?

While I don't agree with her at all, I try to see every side of an argument. And I think she'll grow out of things, but she still has hatred in her heart, and no one to take it out on. She is not some kind of nazi fuckhead or something, just someone who is scared and full of hate. It's one of those things where, the few times she's talked about it, the best thing I can do in my mind is to just not say anything.

I think you are forgetting that we're not talking about this specific case. To be honest I didn't even read your whole post because I was so shocked by the first paragraph.

We're not talking about your friend, we're talking about you and the way you seem to be saying that you think tollerating racism is being open minded" and "empathetic". In general.

knox is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|