View Single Post
Old 10.24.2007, 07:59 PM   #18
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by adjectives-ex
i see atari. that makes sense. i also read the term in Transmigration... today. i'm zipping through it. a problem i've discovered with my income and reading ability. they don't sync up. at least not with PKD.

however, the similarities between the "writing on the wall" and some of the other stuff...it just sounds like Ubik. it might be coincidence. which, i think, might be even cooler. cooler.

s.

Indeed. I recall an interview on Canadian radio that I listened to in '87 where Lee said that he often couldn't immediately tell if he thought of something or remembered it himself, dreamt it, or read it in a book. Given that sort of philosophy applied to writing lyrics, it becomes impossible to say what is "based on" a particular source.

I'm in agreement with Mirror Dash that "Stereo Sanctity" is definitely one of the more overtly PKD influenced tracks on Sister, though I don't think it's necessarily based directly on a particular story. Of course Mirror Dash said it was Cyberpunk, but Cyberpunk as a sub-genre is very heavily influenced by PKD as well.
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|