View Single Post
Old 04.15.2014, 07:17 PM   #37536
foreverasskiss
Banned

foreverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's assesforeverasskiss kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
yo, what tools do you use to tear it out?

i have a room with cheap/fugly vynil tiles glued with some black compound (tar-looking shit) to structural plywood, i think, sitting on 2x4s…

i tried drywall knives and it was a megabitch to cut a little hole. i wanna pull out the ugly shit but leave the 2x4s so i can pour an earthen floor inside, kinda like adobes. makes sense?

anyway, please recommend. crowbars? axes? shotguns? dynamite?

oh err, what's up.

i simply use a flat bar and a hammer and wiggle it back and forth to not break the tongue of the hardwood.

that vinyl is linoleum that you have glued down so it's a bitch to get up. nobody installs that shit unless it looks like tile.

i can never get that shit up with a scraper that i use. i've even tried heat guns to melt and then scrape it. depends on how much glue is down. you would have to tear it up and do a lot of prepping. hardcore.

either that or just replace the plywood. if it's a concrete slab it pretty easy, if not then you have floor joistes that are usually 16 inches apart in most houses. measure then nail.

i suggest never getting particle board for any floors. stick with plywood. it's a better moisture barrier.

earthen floor? i have no ideal how to do that but it should be easy. im guessing you need some kind of sub floor. i've read about in books but have no experience in that.
foreverasskiss is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|