View Single Post
Old 10.20.2008, 12:35 AM   #56
akprodr
the end of the ugly

akprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's assesakprodr kicks all y'all's asses
After much consideration, I gotta go with Scary Monsters. It was my first Bowie album. Its got Fripp, its got mellotron, its even got Pete Townsend. I love the production. I really like the mix of arty wierdness and commerciality.

Scoff as you will, but back in the day I was surgerically attached to MTV because of people like Mr. Bowie. That's a big reason I like the album too.

Funny, I didn't think I liked Low that much but re-listening, it is pretty darn good. Lodger doesn't hold up as much as I'd like it to.

And the later blantently commercial stuff is still good. I can listen to Blue Jean all day long (well, maybe that's a little exageration). Earthling isn't half bad either.
akprodr is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|