View Single Post
Old 11.12.2017, 05:13 AM   #833
louder
invito al cielo

louder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asseslouder kicks all y'all's asses
You surprised me a bit, but then you didn't. Ha. I do get your point, however, do you really think that insecure/"defeatist" mode Em really something new?

Back on Recovery, he said:
Quote:
Hatred was flowin' through my veins
On the verge of goin' insane
I almost made a song dissin' Lil Wayne
It's like I was jealous of him 'cause of the attention he was gettin'
I felt horrible about myself, he was spittin'
And I wasn't, anyone who was buzzin' back then coulda got it
Almost went at Kanye too, God, it
Feels like I'm goin' psychotic, thank God that I didn't do it

This new album is titled "Revival", so I guess it's going to be a revision to Recovery.. an attempt to be more "mature" and "seriously serious". He also ended the song by yelling "BITCH, I MADE STAN!" which seems like a transition kind of thing into the next song, so I can only assume that the album will have some cliche concept about "fighting inner demons" and "regaining your self esteem".

I hate that boring, snoozy, soft as a baby's bottom beat, and Eminem used the Donald Trump flow. Bey's mailed-in chorus was fine but didn't match the song as you pointed out and I see it as nothing but a PR move to push the song.

Rick Rubin even said he had conversations with Eminem about how he's shook by the current waves in hip hop and feels out of touch:
Quote:
For him, [mumble rap] is a little bit of a culture shock because there’s a new wave of hip-hop that’s not really what he’s about. So he was just talking to me about how that felt. I could see he was frustrated by it.

It's just interesting to me that this guy's ego won't just let him make a "4:44" (on his own terms, which means an album for the fans instead of desperately trying to cater to the charts and the youth). His whole legacy is built on nostalgia, which is ironic because his biggest fans are like 14, and there's nothing that frightens him more than the thought of becoming irrelevant.
louder is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|