View Single Post
Old 04.18.2006, 08:05 PM   #52
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
Yes to the snobbishness. It's fine if anyone here never gives bands their proper due, but I suspect everyone here makes offhand comments about other people's favourite bands. The hypocrisy doesn't worry me, it's the lack of humour in taking the piss out of other bands that annoys me the most.

For the record, most SY fans I've known have been completely snobbish twats with their fingers too far up their own arse and an unshaking belief that SY are somehow the very epitome of 'out there' music when they are, in fact, merely a very good and moderately innovative rock group.

Not that I would apply such a criticism to anyone here, you understand...

I guess that's what I can't comprehend...the idea that the band is so "out there" that no one could possibly want to listen to them, or on the other side of the spectrum, that anyone could use the band to gain some sort of credibility. When I'm asked what they sound like, I just say, "They're a rock & roll band," and let the person figure it out for themself. I rarely initiate conversations regarding music, and I would never play music around other people unless we're all riding in my car, and that never happens because I don't like to drive. I'm not one of the kids at school who will take out their laptop in the middle of class and start playing a song that everyone else is then forced to listen to. Even if I had a laptop, or some other music-playing device, I still wouldn't do that. Which is why I don't understand people's reactions when they basically goad me into talking about music that I like. I'm not going to lie and say I like something that I don't, but I also won't insult someone for the sake of making them feel inferior. Mostly, I'd just rather keep quiet about music in general, unless I'm on this message board or something.

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|