View Single Post
Old 11.17.2009, 03:01 AM   #4
frades
children of satan

frades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's assesfrades kicks all y'all's asses
live : http://www.canalplus.fr/c-divertisse...nic-youth.html

interview (monday) :

ITWer : Had you a precise direction for this sixteenth album?
LR : No. We never plan our albums in this way. The only thing which we say ourselves every time, It is that we do not want that the next album looks like the precedent. It is about the only thing which we keep in mind. We are not of the style to stop ourselves and to be say ourselves: " oh! let's try that kind of things...". For example, on several tracks on this album, there are more than one person singing. But by working on this disk, we did not say ourselves: "let's do a record on which we would be several persons to sing!" . We begin to play, and we follow the music where it takes us.

ITWer: "the eternal" as a title. does it mean that Sonic Youth can't die?

LR : I hope not! I think that this title means that we are the band that doesn't go away, in spite of our thirty years of presence. I don't know.. Thurston arrived with this title and we did not analyze it more than that. We have no answer quite summit to this question, Because we did not look for one. But this title had sense. Intuitively, it seemed to us right. We do not need to explain it more than that.

ITWer : You say about your albums that they are your children, which kind of a kid is that one?
LR : The youngest is always brought up in a cooler way. This album, it's the young wild child to whom his parents impose the disciplinary minimum.
KG : It's like the child of a second marriage

ITWer (off-voice, as a conclusion) : and you, you're always the unruly children of the rock! We find you with big pleasure tomorrow! salute!

sorry that the words may not exactly be the ones said by lee and kim, but I took the lines in french and traduced them with www.reverso.net
frades is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|