View Single Post
Old 05.29.2015, 07:50 PM   #46759
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortte Jousimo
Because Minutemen has mentioned many times here, I decided to check it out again (I have listened before few songs, I think one was "this ain´t no picnic" they sounded good, but nothing more so I decided not to listen more).

First I started with e.p. Project: Mersh and it didn´t sound anything special. I thought I will put nomeansno over this band anytime. Also I thought I really prefer the original Steppenwolf-piece lot more than their cover:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZDdsuvlIC8

But then I watched their history from wiki and noticed it is older band. So I decided to listen their first e.p. paranoid time, then the full album What makes man a start fire. And those sounded really great! Thanx guys, it always great to find new/old great albums!

BTW I think Nomeasno has been big fans of Minutemen.

Nomeansno and Minutemen definitely have some of the same influences and interests. Minutemen, to me, are the perfect hardcore band. More so even than Minor Threat or Hüsker Dü. They were really something sick and twisted and special, and they rocked like hell. I'm glad you liked what you heard.

But did you check out the Punch Line? Or Double Nickels on the Dime? The latter has always felt to me like he Highway 61 Revisited of hardcore, though I have NO fucking clue how I came to to make that comparison.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|