View Single Post
Old 12.03.2007, 03:48 PM   #25
koolthing78
bad moon rising

koolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asseskoolthing78 kicks all y'all's asses
Hmmm, I think Pink Steam is about a guy who got with this lady who has a kid, and he wants to "do" his nubile young step-daughter. To me it seems like one of their least lyrically abstract songs, if you think about it that way. "Just come by to run you over" --step parents are always having to do kid switch-offs. "I'm the one who loves your mother" --pretty obvious. And all those references to "wild hearts" and "pink steam," all sorts of connotations of wild, youthful innocence. But that's what I love about this song (and a lot of other songs on the album): they are poetic and SEEM lyrically abstract, unless you analyze them on a different level (ie: I *was* on drugs when I had most of these realizations), in which case they make total sense. But WITHOUT being lyrically bland or overly obvious. They accomplished a great balance between the abstract and ordinary on this album. So to me, I thought this was a great drug album, though I didn't really think there were that many actual lyrical references to drugs. It had more to do with changing your perspective.
Either I don't understand the point of "repping," or I do and it really is pointless. Fortunately I'm colorblind, so it wouldn't make sense to concern myself with being concerned about it in the first place.

www.myspace.com/koolthing78
koolthing78 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|