View Single Post
Old 08.02.2007, 02:01 PM   #11
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
here's my opinion before this record: this has to be the worst band i've ever heard. worse than the mars volta even. it's embarassing to me to think that any band i've ever seen around here -- even shitty nu-metal bands -- or any amateur basement recording shit project i've ever heard -- and that's hundreds -- or probably any band of any member of this board -- and there's some good bands by members on this board -- is about 70000x better than this awful shit and yet this band is reviewed on pitchfork, touring with sonic youth/dinosaur jr, and people actually act like they want to hear any new recordings by them. this shit has got to stop. magik markers is BEYOND infantile, reprehensible, retarded noise to a point where it's just NOTHING. It's as if they don't actually do anything. There is not a single element of their sound that is attractive or of any quality. And that alone may be what appeals to people, but i say those people are stupid. Avant garde is one thing, but avant garde that doesn't move anyone or anything -- and actually somehow does THAT wrong by WANTING to move people and not going full-force into pure cold atonality -- is just bland nothingness; it's akin to a film that is nothing but silence and blackness or an art piece that is a blank canvas... yeah, it's cool that it exists and someone is out there doing it, but no amount of good press, hyperbole, or thurston moore press quotes can actually make the concept into something that is of any quality whatsoever.

i will reserve my judgement until i actually hear this record, but up to this point i've heard .. let's see .. roughly 5 magik markers releases, give or take.. and it was the worse shit i've ever heard. i mean, if you want infantile avant garde silliness, go listen to jon's "smoke" (which is like a 5-year-old girl playing cute little organ melodies and whispering about her dogs for 20 minutes). i haven't downloaded this song yet, so yeah........ let's see...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|