View Single Post
Old 05.10.2014, 12:14 PM   #61
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
This record very much reminds me of the progression that tool made from Lateralus to 10,000 Days.. Not necessarily in the way it sounds so much as the way that it builds on a sound that was discovered on the first record.

With Lateralus Tool discovered a new aspect of their sound and approach. With 10,000 Days they build on this discovery, mastered, embellished, exaggerated it. I like 10,000 Days better..

With The Seer Swans clearly discovered a new, more musical approach to their droning feedback and minimalist repetition. With To Be Kind, it feels like they took the best parts and pieces of The Seer, and built on them. This is then a progression, an evolution. I like it. I like when bands do this. So often bands make these really great records, but then move on to a different sound on the next record. Swans found something better here

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|