View Single Post
Old 01.27.2008, 03:20 PM   #74
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice

Returning to the topic at hand, I think you should go Bauhaus. Everyone love Bauhaus.

yeah i do but nefeli's post got me thinking. the thing is men tend to love the simple/industrial look of bauhaus (i do). women tend to find it boring/sterile/dull after a while. being the married sort, i am forced to share my quarters with a specimen of the female gender. i'd live in a factory-library for fucks sakes. but i like the company.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantankerous

there is a large pink velvet sectional couch reupholstered by me ($0 other than the fabric)
small square antique end tables
a HUGE persian carpet
a kidney bean shaped coffee table
an upright piano in the corner
telly in front of the fireplace
baroque silver mirror over the fireplace
blondie poster
solarized warhol marilyn monroe poster
red velvet drapes
record crates w/turntable on top
speakers on either side of the fireplace (didn't draw them)
lots of bric-a-brac on top of the mantlepiece
old lamps
a velvet chair
magenta velvet floor cushions by the coffee table (didnt draw)
beads hanging in the archway from the living room to dining room
tapestry pillows on couch and chair
bric a brac sitting atop the telly
glass ashtrays
old sweaterknit throws in bizarre colors

etc etc
i guess pretty bohemian looking

^^ see that's what i'm talking about. funky. women seem to love funky.

eclecticism will win at the end of the day, i know, in spite of my demands for spartan environs and a functional space.

i draw this diagram. i should photograph & share. but i'm more into the inspiration seeking than instructions, so i don't know.

-------

ANYWAY YOU ALL RULE. THIS THREAD IS LOTS OF FUN TO READ. THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWERS.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|