View Single Post
Old 01.27.2008, 02:55 PM   #70
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by flophousefloozie
I'm in charge of the "Interior Design" section of our bookstore. Lately, I've seen some very inspirational photos. Especialy those regarding the "Living Room" section. I should do some research on monday.

My dream home would be in a loft...

thanks! please do. yeah i'd love a loft but for now i'm moving to an old house in a city neighborhood. not exactly a beauty, the place, but it's got plenty of room & great location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefeli
although i love houses of genious architecture like those, i wouldnt want to live in one. or ok, have it as second house..
minimalistic style, only liked it for a year or so, 10 years ago. then i switched and still am a mix&match person.
one thing i dont like, is metalic feet of those modern couches..with only exeption the barcelona chairs.
my dream is to have dinning table with different chairs and lately been thinking how it could be possible to sell mine. costed a fortune.
the styles i like the most are 60ties/70ties, design chairs like savage clone has (whenever i see your house, i think of dennis hopper) and the boudoir style, i just adore the boudoir style! and i love my couch, which is simple line one, dark brown with many cousions for the back instead of 2 or 3.
you can have a simple/neutral couch and different style of chairs around it.
-or make a new material on your old couch (dunno what furniture you have) i have one 60ties -old from my mother's first living room and need to get this one aswell for my parents balkony set:

now, i took only this picture of a magazine for you.

great post nefeli, thanks so much-- that's the kind of response i was hoping to get. you got me thinking.

and thanks for those crazy blog links as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicfit
things we NEED to know:
budget
size of the room
purpose(s) of the room (if you want to listen to music in there you might have to consider acoustic "issues" too when placing stuff).
That said, I'll probably be quite useless as a counselour, since due to budget restrinctions my store of choice has to be Ikea.

ha ha ha... thanks man but no, i dont need direct "advice" as "you should do this"--- well actually i kinda got into that didn't i? but that wasn't the intention...

in any cae, the budget is $0 (ha), the size im not sure, the pictures i'll have when my friend who took the pictures emails them back to me (long story, we didnt actually "see" the house at first).

good thinking on the acoustic aspect of it though. music will *definitely* be a big focus of that space. playing records and... who knows? maybe i'll buy a bass or a drumset at some point. yeah hm i wouldn't mind having people over to play.... the fun... i'm gonna research acoustic materials etc.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|